Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a joyous holiday season and that 2018 has started off on a great note!
Three days in to the new year, I’m thrilled to feel refreshed and uplifted after 17 days away from the office. Down time is so important! I had grand plans to tackle and complete so many projects around our house during my time off, but I think only one of those projects was half checked off by the time I headed back to work. Some of the downtime was dictated by illness. My poor husband caught a nasty stomach bug our last week of vacation, but some of it was planned, and because of that, I feel no guilt. I baked cookies, made an awesome Christmas Eve dinner, hung out with my husband (when he wasn’t sick) and our cats, visited with family, drank delicious wine, and watched lots of Netflix and Hulu.
New Year’s resolutions have never been something I’ve pushed myself to set. Some years I don’t, some years I do, but the last few years I have really felt called to come up with a set of goals that help focus me throughout the year. A list that isn’t so specific I feel like I’ve failed if I don’t achieve certain goals, rather something that guides me and hopefully helps me grow and a woman, as a friend, a daughter, and a wife. With a piece of freshly baked bread smeared with real butter, and a cup of hot tea, I sat down on the 1st and wrote out my 2018 goals:
1. Make mindful decisions that will impact my overall health in positive ways. Such as:
- Eat more home cooked meals
- Get up and move more throughout the work day
- Take eye breaks, unplug and look away from screens
- Make myself a priority (regular haircuts, putting on makeup, doing things that make me
feel good about myself)
- Prioritize down time and time away to recharge - MORE Chincoteague, less worry about
work on weekends.
2. Be bold, step out of my comfort zone, take chances, and don’t let fear of imperfection
hold me back.
3. Personal projects – flesh them out and START!
4. Family art night – make this happen more often.
What are your goals for 2018?